Overnight oats are a quick and easy breakfast recipe that you can make the night before. These are a great idea if you know time is going to be tight in the morning (or if you have kids or dogs to take care of ;)). They are also a great option because they are:
- High in protein and healthy fats
This overnight oats recipe uses blueberries, but you can use whatever fruit you like! Blueberries are my personal favourite but I also love to make this recipe with strawberries, raspberries or dates.
You don’t necessarily need to make these in a mason jar so don’t worry if you don’t have one. Any bowl or container with a lid will work. However, if you are transporting this breakfast then a mason jar comes in pretty handy.
Here is the recipe!
Blueberry Overnight Oats
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp of almond butter
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp hemp heart seeds
- 1/2 remaining banana
- Fresh berries
- Granola or other nuts and seeds
- In a medium glass mason jar, mash the banana with a fork.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the jar except the blueberries and hemp heart seeds
- Close the jar and shake until combined. Alternatively you could stir the ingredients.
- Add the blueberries and hemp heart seeds then place the lid on and refrigerate overnight or at least 2 hours.
- Top with desired toppings (optional) and enjoy cold out of the jar or warm by heating it up in the microwave or on the stove for 1-2 minutes*
- *If you decide to heat using the microwave, I recommend placing it in a bowl first as the glass from the jar can get quite hot.
Please let me know if you liked this recipe by commenting below 🙂