Good morning! Hope you enjoyed your holidays 🙂 I know I did. I did A LOT of sleeping which was awesome. I also did a lot of eating… but it was all (well, mostly) healthy and delicious.
Now it is January, a new year, and everyone is starting their new years resolutions. Obviously launching this blog is one of my big ones so that’s what I’m working on today. I made this Apple Cinnamon Granola recipe a couple weeks ago and ate it it all (along with the help of my husband Mike) in about a week – it’s sooo good! It’s also fairly easy so give it a try and let me know what you think 😀
Apple Cinnamon Granola:
You want to start by putting all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mixing them up. Then add the wet ingredients and spread it evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
The picture above is right before I put it in the oven. You want to heat the oven to 300 F and bake the granola for about 15 minutes and then take it out and give it a stir.
Place it back in the oven for about another 10 minutes, or until it’s golden brown.
Let the granola cool for about an hour. Give it a stir to break up any big clumps.
Mmmmm did I mention it makes your whole house smell delicious!!! BONUS 😀
Once cooled you can enjoy it on your favourite breakfast like my Easiest Vegan Breakfast or as a healthy snack! I absolutely love to enjoy this on my oatmeal and mixed into coconut yogurt for a mid-day pick me up!
Here it is on top of my lovely chia-pudding oatmeal!(Recipe coming soon.) I’ve added a couple cocoa nibs to change it up that day! YUM!
Hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you give it a try and what you think. I also love to hear what breakfast is your favourite to top with granola, so leave a comment 🙂
- 2 cups of rolled oats (use certified GF if needed)
- 1/2 cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup hemp hear seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fine ground sea salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup apple sauce** (if using unsweetened you may need to adjust sweetener - add maple syrup or coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degree F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until the dry mixture is completely coated.
- Pour mixture onto baking tray and spread evenly.
- Bake on middle rack for about 15 minutes. Remove baking tray from oven and stir mixture. Place it back in the oven for another 10 minutes or so, until the granola has just browned.
- Let it cool on the baking sheet for about an hour or so and then place it into a glass jar for storing.
- The granola will keep in a sealed jar in the fridge for about 3-4 weeks or in the freezer in a ziplock bag for several months. I prefer to keep it in the freezer!
- * I used my mom's homemade apple sauce so it was a little sweeter than unsweetened apple sauce. If you are using unsweetened apple sauce, I suggest you add 1 -2 tsp of coconut sugar or 1 Tbsp of maple syrup. You can adjust this to your liking.