Homemade Roasted Almond Butter is sooo delicious and so easy to make. The best part about making it yourself is that you can make it unique based on what you like! Adding cinnamon or roasting the almonds in maple syrup (or both!) are just a couple ideas. I made this batch first thing in the morning so it was ready to top my breakfast (and still a bit warm).
The recipe is straight from my Oh She Glows Every Day cookbook and literally took about 20 minutes to make. The recipe book recommends you use a pretty sturdy food processor to make the butter and I agree. Because you need to process the almonds for about 8 minutes I can see how it could burn the motor out of a little food processor. I used the KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor and it seemed to work just fine. I love almond butter so making it at home not only makes it taste better but it saves me a trip to the store as well as a bit of cash!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Try swapping it for peanut butter on top of my breakfast quinoa bowl or my PB+J oatmeal. Leave me a reply and let know what your favourite thing to top with almond butter is!
- 2 cups of natural almonds
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Spread almonds on baking tray (no lining needed).
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes
- Let cool for 5 minutes
- Place all almonds in food processor and process for 8 minutes, scarping down the sides as needed.
- * Feel free to add other ingredients to this recipe such as cinnamon, maple syrup, coconut, cocoa, etc.