It’s Saturday morning, it’s a bit of a rainy day and I am in the mood for some peanut butter! (But really, when I am not in the mood for peanut butter??) I had some left over quinoa from last night’s dinner so I decided to make my delicious quinoa breakfast bowl. I love this bowl because it is packed full of protein and I can top it with a big dollop of peanut butter and my go-to super-seedy vanilla granola from the ohsheglows everyday cookbook, and of course fresh berries and bananas. If you don’t have granola lying around, try topping the quinoa with chopped almonds, hemp heart seeds and pumpkin seed with a drizzle of maple syrup instead!
I started by sprinkling some cinnamon and vanilla extract on top of the pre-cooked quinoa to add a bit of flavour. If you prefer a warm breakfast, feel free to heat this up in the microwave or make the quinoa in the morning so it’s still warm!
Can’t forget about the coffee – besides, what’s breakfast without coffee??
Next you want to top the quinoa with half a banana and I added a spoonful of nut yogurt (gotta get my probiotics for the day!)
Lastly you want to top it off with homemade granola, a spoonful of peanut butter and don’t forget the almond milk.
- 1/3 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 banana
- 1/3 cup fresh berries
- 2 Tbsp of homemade granola* (I used recipe from OhSheGlows Everyday Cookbook - link above to cookbook)
- 1 Tbsp of natural peanut butter**
- 1 Tbsp of unsweetened nut yogurt***
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened nut milk (I used cashew milk)
- Place cooked quinoa in bowl and sprinkle cinnamon and vanilla on top. Combine and then add slide banana, yogurt and berries. Add the granola and top with peanut butter and then add milk. Stir to combine and enjoy!
- * You can use chopped nuts, hemp heart seeds, pumpkin seeds and a tsp of maple syrup if you don't have granola on hand.
- **Feel free to use any nut butter of your choice here.
- ***I used almond and cashew nut yogurt but you can definitely use coconut yogurt here in its place.
Let me know what your favourite breakfast toppings are/what your tips are for “make-shift” granola if you accidentally run out??