Hello and Happy Thursday! 🙂
Today is an extra special day for me because it’s my freakin’ BIRTHDAY!!! Woohoo! (but not really because I am getting scarily close to 30 :|)
So to honour my last year in my 20’s, I’ve decided to cherish each and every day and really make this year count. I have no idea how I am going to do this yet but I will let you know as soon as I figure it out. Maybe it will involve actually doing nothing and letting life be… I am going to need some serious meditation for that 😉
Well on to today’s post: Roasted Cauliflower BUDDHA BOWL. This is one of my favourite plant-based dinners or lunches to make as it is quick and easy, super healthy and absolutely delicious. I’ve put it together to make it my own by using different parts of recipes from my cookbooks including 2 of my favourites: Thug Kitchen, eat like you give a [email protected] and Oh She Glows.
If you haven’t given roasted cauliflower a try yet, I strongly encourage you to do so and soon!! It’s sooo good, you will be wondering why you haven’t been cooking it this way your entire life. Say bye bye, boiled nasty smelling cauliflower and hello to delicious smelling and tasting roasted cauliflower!
Roasted Cauliflower BUDDHA BOWL with Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1 cup of dry quinoa
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2-4 cups of spinach
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1-2 medium sized avocados, diced
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbsp of olive oil
- 2 Tbsp of chilli powder*
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh, ground pepper
- Chopped cilantro as garnish (optional)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp of water
- 1/4 tsp ground sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, place chopped cauliflower and chickpeas.
- Add olive oil, chilli powder, cumin, coriander, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to bowl and mix until everything is coated.
- Spread cauliflower and chickpeas on baking tray and bake for 30-40 mins checking and stirring every 15-20 mins.
- While that is in the oven, make quinoa as directed and then set aside, covered once cooked.
- Place all ingredients in small bowl and mix well using a fork. Alternatively, you could place the ingredients in a small food processor.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to desired taste and consistency. It should be a creamy dressing.
- Place a bed of spinach at the bottom of each serving dish.
- Add 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa on top of the spinach.
- Spread the roasted cauliflower and chickpeas on top of the quinoa.
- Top with desired amounts of diced tomatoes, avocado and sunflower seeds.
- Drizzle desired amount of dressing over each bowl and garnish with cilantro (optional).
- Serve immediately.
- *depending on preference, use less for a milder flavour or more if you prefer it a bit spicier
I hope you like this recipe. Please leave me a comment if you like it and would like to see more like this. I love feedback!
Have a great weekend everyone and happy birthday to me 😉