Hello and Happy Thursday!
I’m sure you are all aware that St.Patrick’s day is TOMORROW and you are probably being bombarded by all things green.
So I thought I would jump on board – I mean, what’s one more right?? 😉
I must say I am a huge fan of green smoothies and I love to have smoothies as an easy, on-the-go lunch. I’m sure you can tell by now that I am all about simplicity and portability with my food.
This Secret Ingredient Green Smoothie however, is extra special because it contains some pretty healthy ingredients and one that will take you by surprise! This ingredient adds to the AMAZING creaminess of the smoothie and gives it a new and different nutritional boost.
This secret ingredient has plenty of awesome health benefits including:
- Phytonutrients – these help with inflammation, detoxification and digestion within the body
- Antioxidants – like Vitamin C which can help fight cancer-causing agents
- Fibre – which helps with digestion, blood sugar control and helps you feel full
- Omega 3 fatty acids – these can help balance blood fat levels (triglyerides) and lower inflammation in the body
- and so much more!
The best part is…
- It does NOT contain a lot of calories
- You probably already have this in your freezer
- You definitely didn’t pay a lot of money for it
Hint: It’s NOT avocado.
Well, there is avocado in it, but that’s not the secret ingredient.
Still not sure?
IT’S FROZEN CAULIFLOWER!
Ya, you heard that right. Crazy I know, but it’s actually delicious, trust me. You can’t even taste it. And the best part yet – frozen cauliflower has been shown (from this somewhat unreliable source) to keep almost all the nutritional power of fresh cauliflower! BONUS!
I hope you give this smoothie a shot! I promise you won’t be disappointed 😉
- 1.5 cups of Silk Creamy Cashew Milk (or your favourite nut milk)
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Sunwarrior Warrior Blend Protein Powder*
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of vanilla matcha powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 -1/2 large avocado
- 1 large handful of spinach
- Hemp heart seeds for topping (optional)
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes
- Pour into glass and top with hemp heart seeds if desired
- Serve immediately
- *You can use your favourite vanilla protein powder or none if you prefer.
- However, if you do not use protein powder I'd recommend adding a frozen banana.