If you follow me on Instagram then you know that I LOVE oatmeal.
Overnight oats are a great idea if you know you’re not going to have time to prep breakfast the next morning or you just want something cold for breakfast (I find I prefer overnight oats in the summer).
In this recipe, I’m using my favourite brand of oats by my friend Rachel Gabriel- Rachel’s Overnight Oats.
Rachel started this brand of oats just a few years ago in California and she was the FIRST ever to start selling overnight oats as an all-in-one product! I’m so excited to be able to support her 🙂 Plus they are delicious and super convenient – and who can’t get enough convenience these days?? Am I right? 😉
Because these oats are still only available in the US right now, I wrote an adapted recipe below. They will be available in Canada soon!!
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
Prep time: 5 minutes Refrigerator time: 15mins-overnight Yields: 1 serving
- 1/2 cup Rachel’s Overnight Oats Apple Cinnamon (adapted recipe: 1/2 cup oats, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tsp ground flax seed, 1 tbsp hemp heart seeds, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 cup diced apple (dried or fresh)
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- Almond butter
- Fresh fruit (blueberry, apple slices)
- Hemp heart seeds
- Place all ingredients in a jar. Cover with a lid and shake until combined
- Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes up to overnight
- Serve in a bowl with desired toppings