My favourite fall smoothie!
I absolutely LOVE pumpkin so you can imagine why this one is my favourite. It’s perfect for the fall (or really anytime of the year if you are as obsessed with pumpkin as I am!). With vibrant flavours of ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg, this smoothie is so creamy and flavourful, it’s almost like your are actually drinking a pie!! Amazing. Hope you enjoy!!
- 1.5 cups of unsweetened nut milk (almond or cashew are my go-tos)
- 1/2 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (could sub almond or other nut/seed butter)
- 1 Scoop of vanilla vegan protein powder (I use Sunwarrior vanilla classic or warrior blend)
- 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of ginger
- 2-4 ice cubes
- additional cinnamon and carob chips for topping**optional
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until it is smooth and creamy. Pour into a large glass and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and carob chips. That's all! Now you can sit back, relax and enjoy your little taste of pumpkin pie in a glass!
- Tip: Using a frozen banana or freezing the pumpkin puree first will make this recipe even creamier! Be sure to decrease the amount the amount of ice according to your preference if you are using frozen items.