Hello and Good Morning!
Today I am sharing my super easy recipe for Carrot Cake Oatmeal. This oatmeal is absolutely delicious and makes the perfect heathy breakfast!
Oh, and did I mention it is 100% vegan and gluten-free??
It’s only sweetened with maple syrup so it doesn’t contain any added sugar and it gives your morning a healthy boost with a generous serving of vegetables. What a great way to start your day 🙂
I was craving carrot cake and this oatmeal was definitely a healthy alternative that satisfied this craving.
This post contains affiliate links meaning I earn a small commission if you use those links. I only recommend brands I use and trust.
This recipe was adapted from the blog Life Made Sweeter , a beautiful website with lots of plant based recipes. I recommend checking it out! I didn’t have any raisins or walnuts on hand so I used chopped almonds instead and it actually turned out AMAZING! However, if you prefer and have walnuts and/or raisins on hand, please add them as I think they would make this oatmeal taste fabulous.
In this recipe I used Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free rolled oats, but feel free to use regular rolled oats or steel-cut oats (just make sure you adjust the cook time for steel-cut).
I made this oatmeal on the stove-top but you could easily make it in the microwave if you are in a pinch. I’m not gonna lie, some mornings are just microwave mornings.
Alternatively, if you know the mornings are going to be tight, you could make carrot cake overnight oats. Combine all the ingredients except the toppings in a glass jar or covered bowl in the fridge overnight and then top with desired toppings and enjoy immediately – no cooking required!
I’d love to try making carrot cake oatmeal muffins eventually to have an “on the go” breakfast so if you have or know of any good recipes, please share them in the comments below 🙂
And if you like this recipe and want to see more like it, you can check out these other great oatmeal recipes:
Or if you aren’t a fan of peanut butter, you can easily sub Vanilla-Cinnamon Almond Butter into any of these recipes! 😉
Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond, cashew or coconut milk
- 2 small-medium sized carrots, grated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp fresh or ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp vanilla coconut yogurt (optional)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp of chopped raw almonds (or raw walnuts)
- 1 tbsp of coconut chips (optional)*
- Dried raisins (optional)
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter or almond butter (optional)
- Heat milk, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, ginger and salt in a pot over medium heat.
- Add oats and grated carrots. Stir to mix well.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until desired consistency, turning it down if it starts to boil.
- Once at desired consistency, add the remainder of the ingredients except the toppings and mix well.
- Top with desired toppings and serve immediately 🙂
- Combine milk, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, ginger and salt in a microwave safe bowl. Add oats and grated carrot and combine.
- Microwave on high for 2-5 minutes, stirring every minute until desired consistency.
- Add remaining ingredients except toppings and mix well.
- Add desired toppings and enjoy. 🙂
- The night before, combine milk, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, salt, oats and grated carrot in a large glass mason jar or bowl with a lid.
- Place jar or bowl in fridge overnight, or at least 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge and add remainder of ingredients. Mix well.
- Add desired toppings and enjoy. 🙂
- *I found coconut chips at my local health food store
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please leave me a comment below to let me know what you thought and if you have a recipe you like for carrot cake muffins!
Thanks so much,