Eating plant-based doesn’t mean you have to give up your favourite dishes. When I found this vegan mushroom risotto recipe by Wallflower Kitchen I was so excited! I decided to put a few of my own touches on the recipe and it turned out really well 🙂
This mushroom risotto is not only incredibly tasty, it’s also super easy and quick to make. If you’ve been intimidated by risotto until now, I encourage you to give it a try – it’s actually really simple!
The best part about this dish is that it feels indulgent, yet you can still eat it and feel super good about eating it knowing that it’s packed with healthy ingredients.
This recipe is:
The only thing it’s not free of if Alcohol 😉 haha.
Ps. This makes an excellent dish for Valentine’s Day… just sayin’ 😉
I hope you enjoy xoxo
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-6 cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup risotto rice (arborio rice)
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1/8 cup or a splash of white wine (optional)*
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat
- Add onion and garlic and sautee for 5 minutes or until onion is translucent
- Add mushroom and continue to cook for 5 minutes
- Add rice, vegetable stock and white wine (if using) and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed
- Add spinach and stir until wilted
- Remove from heat and add nutritional yeast and salt and pepper and stir
- Serve immediately topped with more salt and fresh cracked pepper if desired
- *White wine is not necessary but does enhance the flavours of this dish. Choose a drier wine for best results.