I am obsessed with these vegan chocolate chip cookies! I thought for sure that using coconut oil would flatten these cookies right out, but I was dead wrong!
They stayed light, fluffy and chewy. Honestly, they have the most perfect texture. And the best part about vegan baking is being able to eat the cookie dough 😉
Ok I won’t bore you with anymore description of these cookies and get right to the recipe.
Plus, who even reads this intro part anyway?? 😉
I hope you enjoy!
Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yields: 20 cookies
- 1/2 cup solid coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar or brown coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 flax eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour (use gluten free all-purpose flour if GF)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2-2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Make flax eggs by mixing 2 Tbsp of ground flaxseed with 6 tbsp of water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Place coconut oil, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a stand mixer* using the cookie dough paddle and mix on low until combined
- Add almond milk and flax eggs to stand mixer and mix on low until combined
- Add flour, baking soda and salt to stand mixer and mix on low until a thick dough is formed.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Roll dough into desired size balls and place about 2″ apart on baking sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned
- Cool for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes more. Keep in an airtight container for 5 -7 days at room temperature or in the fridge or freezer for longer
*If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can mix it by hand using a wooden spoon.
**If dough is too sticky, add more flour (it shouldn’t stick to your hands). If dough is too dry, add more milk (balls shouldn’t fall apart as you are rolling them.
Recipe adapted from: BakerbyNature