Finding a delicious Christmas cookie that’s easy, gluten-free and vegan can be tricky, but that’s why I love these Chocolate Crinkle Cookies!
They are by far the easiest cookies I’ve ever made and taste absolutely amazing.
And not to mention they are super cute 🙂 If you aren’t a chocolate lover, make sure to try out my vegan date squares – they are also a big holiday hit!
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies – These chocolate crinkle cookies are the perfect holiday treat! They are rich and chocolatey and vegan and gluten-free too!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yields: 12-16 cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 flax eggs
- 3/4 cup cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Make the flax eggs by mixing 2 Tbsp of ground flaxseeed with 6 Tbsp of warm water. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a stand mixer, mix the sugar and coconut oil on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add the flax eggs and vanilla and beat on medium/low for 1 -2 minutes
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer and beat on medium low until combined.
- Make a ball with batter and wrap it in plastic wrap. Place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or so.*
- Preheat oven to 350F and remove ball from fridge. Place the powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Using a knife, cut sections off the large ball and roll the batter into 2 inch balls. Roll each ball in the icing sugar until covered and then place on baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Press the balls down lightly using your finger or a fork (be gentle as they may crumble) and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 5 days or the freezer for 3 months.
*This is optional.