Before I had Rachel, I had this irrational belief that my baby was going to eat only healthy food.
Fast forward to her being 9 months old and she literally eats everything we eat – right down to cookies, mac and cheese and french fries!
I like to think we have a good balance of “healthy” vs less healthy food in our diet, but adding extra fruit and veggies in where you can never hurt anyone!
That’s why I created this super easy baby smoothie. And the best part is, the whole family can enjoy it.
I make this smoothie with almond milk, but feel free to use breastmilk or infant formula if you prefer.
Healthy Baby Smoothie
Prep time: 5 minutes Yields: 3 baby servings or 1 baby + 1 adult serving
- 1 frozen banana, sliced into chunks (peel can be on or off)
- 1/2 cup frozen mango, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy yogurt like coconut yogurt
- 1 handful frozen spinach or kale
- 1/2 avocado (optional)
- 1 tbsp almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 cup (or more as needed) almond milk, breast milk or infant formula
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 30s – 1minute scraping down sides as needed.
- Pour into 3 individual mason jars with lids and store in refrigerator for 5 days or freezer* for 1 month. Alternatively, you can serve immediately.
*If serving from freezer, allow smoothie to thaw for 30 minutes at room temperature before serving so it’s not too cold for those little baby teeth!