If you follow me on Instagram then you know I am an oatmeal fanatic!
But some mornings I just don’t have time to make breakfast. So it’s nice to have something healthy and delicious waiting for you in the fridge when you get up in the morning, especially if it’s homemade oatmeal. 🙂
Because the truth is, we are moving further and further away from processed, pre-packaged foods because we know they can be detrimental to our health.
Yet, we haven’t changed our lifestyles to match our nutritional changes. We are busier now more than ever and we are used to consuming convenient foods.
So it’s no wonder it can be tough to fit in traditional ways of cooking and eating; there literally aren’t enough hours in the day!
That’s why fresh food delivery services are becoming so popular.
Anyway, that was a bit of a tangent.
What I’m getting at is this recipe can be prepared on the weekend so that you can enjoy it all week long. Setting yourself up for a healthy week 🙂 It also makes a great brunch recipe!!
If you like this recipe, you can check out my other oatmeal recipes like Carrot Cake Oatmeal, PB+J Oatmeal, Lemon- Blueberry Turmeric Oatmeal, Blueberry Overnight Oats and Peanut Butter and Banana Flaxseed Oatmeal.
Ps. This oatmeal is amazing topped with some dairy-free coconut yogurt! My favourite brand is Yoso. They are a small Canadian family owned company in Ontario and their dairy-free, gluten-free products are sooooo good!! You can find them at your local health food store, or Sobeys. 🙂
I hope you enjoy!
Blueberry-Chia Seed Baked Oatmeal
- 2 flax eggs
- 3 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 2 tsp coconut sugar (optional)
- Coconut yogurt (I use Yoso unsweetened coconut yogurt)
- Almond butter
- Hemp heart seeds
- Maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish with coconut oil
- Make the flax eggs by mixing 2 Tbsp. of ground flax with 6 Tbsp. of water in a small bowl and set aside
- In a large bowl, mix the chia seeds, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt until combined
- In another large bowl mix the almond milk, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and flax eggs until combined
- Place 1 cup of blueberries on the bottom of the baking dish
- Pour the dry ingredients on evenly on top of the bottom layer of blueberries
- Pour the wet ingredients evenly on top of the dry ones, make sure to cover the whole dish
- Add the remaining 1 cup blueberries on top
- Top with 2 tsp of coconut sugar if desired
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes
- Cut into 9 pieces (or more) and serve immediately with desired toppings
- Can be stored in the fridge, covered for up to 1 week