Being 5 months pregnant, I get all kinds of cravings for the most delicious things. This time it was for Carrot Cake Muffins!
I LOOOOVE carrot cake. You can probably tell by my carrot cake oatmeal recipe.
However, this time oatmeal wasn’t going to cut it. I had to have the real deal. These carrot cake muffins are awesome because they are vegan and gluten-free. There is even a paleo/keto option for those looking to go low carb!
Now I’ll admit I did not come up with this recipe :|… I know I know but sometimes a girl has to go the lazy route. I actually got this recipe from a blog called “The Big Man’s World.”
However, I did make up the vegan “cream cheese” icing for these bad boys! And it’s so easy – just 2 ingredients: Coconut yogurt and almond butter. I couldn’t believe how close to cream cheese it actually tasted. For the coconut yogurt, I used YOSO brand plain unsweetened.
This recipe has an option for a “paleo” version, which I loved! It can easily be made keto-friendly by subbing stevia for maple syrup. And bonus, you can still enjoy my “cream-cheese” icing as it is low carb as well!
Ok, well now I better give you the recipe before you eat your shirt.
So here it is:
Healthy Flourless Carrot Cake Muffins
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla coconut yogurt*
- 2 tbsp natural almond butter
- Mix ingredients in a small bowl until combined well
- Top carrot cake muffins with desired amount of icing
- Enjoy any left overs with a spoon 😉
- *Use unsweetened if you prefer less sweet icing or sweetened for more sweetness. I used the YOSO brand plain unsweetened for this recipe. Their vanilla would also taste fabulous here too!