My favourite breakfast of all time! It’s so simple and that’s probably why I love it;)
All you do is use your favourite cereal for the base layer and add toppings! I love to use shredded wheat spoon-size cereal because it’s made from only one ingredient (whole wheat). There’s no added sugar which means no extra unnecessary calories (which basically means you can add more good stuff on top ;). You can easily make this recipe gluten-free by using your favourite gluten-free cereal.
I’ve added my favourite granola from the ohsheglows everyday cookbook (super-seedy vanilla coconut granola). If you don’t want to purchase the cookbook I strongly recommend checking out her blog here at ohsheglows.com. She has tons of amazing recipes including some awesome granola recipes! You can also try my apple cinnamon granola that I’ve since posted. In addition to the star granola, I’ve added half a chopped banana, some raspberries and lots of cinnamon. That’s all there is to it and it’s so delicious. Let me know what your favourite cereal base is for this recipe – I’d love to hear your ideas!
- 1 cup of Shredded Wheat spoon size cereal
- 1 cup of unsweetened nut milk (almond, cashew or coconut work great)
- 1/2 sliced banana
- 1/2 cup fresh berries of your choice or whatever's in season
- 1/3 cup homemade granola*
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- Place cereal in first and top with milk and remaining ingredients. That's all!
- *I used homemade granola recipe (super-seedy vanilla coconut granola) from the OhSheGlows Everyday cookbook (link above). I swapped some of the pumpkin seeds and added some chopped almonds instead - it was delish! If you don't have granola on hand I recommend using a tbps of each: chopped almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, hemp heart seeds, unsweetened coconut and 1 tsp of maple syrup or coconut sugar. Mix it all together and top cereal. If you don't want it to be sticky, I'd recommend using the coconut sugar instead.