This Fresh Summer Black Bean Dip recipe was was passed on to me by my friend Jamie-Lee! I made a few changes based on what I had in the house and it turned out great!
It’s such a hit especially on hot summer days because it’s so refreshing!
Enjoy this dip with corn tortilla chips, in a gluten-free tortilla or as a side salad.
The best part is I guarantee you already have all the ingredients in your pantry and fridge!
Nothing fancy here.
Indulge guilt-free in this vegan and gluten-free dip knowing that it’s packed with tons of fibre and protein. And if you’re looking for another easy, healthy dip – try my Super Simple Hummus!
I hope you enjoy!
Fresh Summer Black Bean Dip
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz can corn
- 1 good sized green pepper, diced
- 1 good sized red pepper, diced
- 2-3 large Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced (optional)
- 4-5 tsp fresh lime juice (about 2-3 limes)
- 1/4 tsp lime zest, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt, add more to taste
- 1/8 tsp pepper, add more to taste
- Pinch of coconut sugar
- Place black beans and corn in a large bowl
- Dice all vegetables as small as possible and add to bowl
- Add cilantro (if using), lime juice, lime zest, salt and pepper and sugar
- Mix well, taste and adjust seasoning, adding more salt and pepper and/or more lime as needed.
- Serve immediately with scoop or your favourite tortilla chips
- Store leftovers in the fridge for 1-2 days.
Please let me know if you have any questions about the recipe or if you decide to give it a try!!