Ok, I just want to preface this by telling you that these fat bombs are the most filling snacks and even though they contain ZERO sugar, they actually taste sooo good!!
I have been wanting to add more plant-based keto recipes to my blog for a while now (ps. if you have no idea what a ketogenic diet is, you can learn more about it here).
I personally don’t follow a ketogenic diet, nor do I think it’s right for everyone, I think adopting parts of it into your regular diet can be super beneficial.
I have done a TON of research on it and strongly believe it’s a really great diet to follow for certain people to achieve optimal health.
Like any diet, you need to make sure you are doing it right! And the ketogenic diet is one diet that I strongly recommend you get the help of a health care practitioner before you dive in. This diet can have a ton of benefits including:
- improves type 2 diabetes
- reduces overall body fat and cholesterol
- decreases inflammation
- improves blood sugar stability
- improves your body’s sensitivity to insulin
- improves cognition and focus, and can help stop and even reverse cognitive decline 
- and so much more
However, it can also be very dangerous if you do it to the extreme or perhaps make too many changes too quickly. Again, I recommend you work with someone who has expertise in the area before jumping on board just yet.
Like I said before, it’s great for some people but it’s not the right diet for everyone.
Having said all that, I wanted to be able to offer some plant-based Keto recipes for my Keto friends and what better was to start than with fat bombs!
If you have been following a Keto diet than you know that finding filling snacks can be really hard. That’s why fat bombs are such a popular choice.
Even if you aren’t following a Ketogenic diet, fat bombs are a great snack to have to keep you full throughout the day that won’t spike your blood sugar.
And if you’re not into fat bombs, make sure to check out my other on-the-go snacks like my dark chocolate protein balls or my grain-free protein bars or my sweet potato tahini protein bars or my peanut butter chocolate protein balls!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegan Fat Bombs
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup natural peanut butter or other nut butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup plant-based protein powder*
- pinch of sea salt
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Place the coconut oil in a large microwavable bowl and microwave for 30 seconds
- Remove from microwave and stir in peanut butter until combined
- Add the cocoa powder, protein powder and salt and whisk until there are no more clumps
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes
- Place shredded in a small bowl and then remove fat bombs from freezer
- Scoop out 1 tbsp and roll it into a ball** and then transfer it to the bowl with shredded coconut to coat.
- Repeat until all the fat bombs are made.
- Store in fridge or freezer as they will melt if left at room temperature.
- *Make sure this protein powder is sweetened with stevia. If your protein powder is not sweetened with anything, add stevia to taste. And if you don't have protein powder, you can simply sub-in stevia to taste instead.
- **I will warn you this is messy! Alternatively, you could pour the liquid mixture into mini lined muffin cups if you aren't into getting your hands dirty.