So turns out having a baby and breastfeeding around the clock is hard work! I don’t think I’ve ever been this hungry in my life…
After having the baby I found myself just grabbing what I could just to satisfy my hunger. I did not have time to make the lovely, well-balanced meals I used to before I had the baby.
Not to mention the late-night snack attacks that hit hard! Like I said, I’ve never been so hungry in my life!
Enter these no-bake lactation balls. Not only are they delicious, but they are almost as easy to make as they are to pop into your mouth.
There aren’t any fancy ingredients in this recipe (which is one of the reasons why I love it) and you don’t need to be lactating to enjoy them either 😉
For the moms with both their hands full and just want to eat something that’s healthy, tastes good, fills them up, this recipe if for you!
No-Bake Lactation Balls
Healthy No-Bake Lactation Balls that are just as easy to make as they are to eat.
Prep time: 5 minutes Total time: 10 minutes Yields: ~20 balls
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (room temperature, not melted)
- 1/2 cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients except chocolate chips until combined well
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Using your hands, roll into desired size balls
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for one week or in the freezer for several months